Track and analyze
The intel you need to send your smartest campaigns ever.
Still using your personal address to subscribe to marketing emails?
Gmail and Outlook are great, but they’re designed for reading emails, not analyzing them.
- Interface designed for reading emails, not analyzing them.
- Nearly impossible to identify the ESP or see original source code.
- Can't tease our patterns around timing, contents, or keywords.
There's a better way.
Instead of signing up for other companies' emails with your personal address:
Add to SendView
Just add the companies you want to track to your account.
New Address Generated
SendView will generate a special tracking email address for each one.
Use That Instead
Then just use that address (instead of your own) to sign up for their emails.
An inbox designed for analysis.
Dig into marketing emails like never before.
- Toggle over a dozen columns like ESP and spam score.
- VIew original source code and preview on mobile.
- Search based on tech, template, timing, and more.
Detailed company dashboards.
Visualize and compare each sender’s strategy
- See each sender's content calendar, word clouds, and more.
- Compare email marketing strategy side-by-side.
- Easily track each company’s email tech stack.
Over a dozen trend reports.
Zoom out and track trends and strategy across all senders.
- Identify most common send times and days.
- Track adoption of email technology and tactics.
- Filter trends by subgroups / tags for deeper analysis.
Visual campaign timelines.
Visually walk through exactly what happened after you clicked submit.
- See key stats and technology behind each campaign.
- Track how many days pass between emails.
- View the full, original templates without having to click on each one.
Emails analyzed by our awesome users:
|Table used to visually present the number 161235|
"SendView makes it easy to track clients and competitors email campaigns to gain metrics without flooding your inbox."WILL PRESTON
Send your smartest emails ever.
SendView is easy-to-use and affordable for most budgets, but we’re a two-man team. So we let in users in batches (usually every couple days) to ensure we’re ready to support folks as they come in.